Silence

The past few days I’ve been practically nonexistent in the blogosphere and even in general life, I’ve done nothing but be with myself and my mum. It’s made me reflect on my life, over the past 4 months especially.

I have never known hell like the last 4 months. My fiancé ended our engagement, my Granddad died, my mum suffered a nervous break down and attempted to take her own life and now my Nan has died. In light of all those things my anxiety has been at an all time high and I’ve been really struggling. However, I have survived.

These past few months have taught me just how strong I am. I’ve handled my own problems, kept my mum strong, paid the rent and bills when she couldn’t and most importantly I’ve kept going. I did it all by myself, I didn’t lean on anyone else and count on them to get me through the challenges. I am so proud of myself.

It’s so important to take some time to yourself and realise what is happening around you and address what you’re feeling. Don’t let anyone make you feel bad for taking time for you and for making yourself feel good. You are what’s important.

I’m trying to get back into everything and bring myself back out of hiding but I can’t make any promises as to how long that will take. However, I’m still here, still fighting, still carrying on. That is what matters.

Until next time I’m back off down the rabbit hole.

Share:

9 Comments

1. March 26, 2016 / 10:26 pm

So sorry you had to deal with all these.. while reading your post the only thing that came to my mind was a favourite quote: “We don’t know how strong we are, until being strong is the only choice we have”..! Take care girl xx

Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com.cy

2. March 26, 2016 / 10:31 pm

So sorry you had to deal with all these..while reading your post, the only thing that came to mu mind was a favourite quote: ”We don’t know how strong we are, until being strong is the only choice we have”. Take care girl xx

Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com.cy

3. March 27, 2016 / 8:04 pm

keep going girl! so proud of you of pushing through all the hardships you’ve been faced with and coming out stronger. onwards and upwards for you!

xo Sarah

4. April 21, 2016 / 1:01 am

Wow, what a horrible time you’ve had. It sounds like you are insanely strong and capable, and you’re the kind of person who grows immensely from challenges like that. Life is long, there’s a lot to learn, and a lot of time to have things go the way you want them to. I’m sure things will turn around for you and you’ll find that you’re a far better person in so many ways from having gone through those challenges. Keep it up <3

• ourownwonderlandblog
      April 21, 2016 / 5:57 am

Thank you so much for such a lovely comment, that really make me smile! Of course, one small bad patch in life won’t impact my view on everything else, onwards and upwards. Thanks again you lovely lady!❤️

5. April 23, 2016 / 2:01 pm

I’m so sorry that you had to go through such a difficult time, but it’s incredible how you have remained so strong and you have every right to be proud. Never give up beautiful. You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think xx

Jade | simplyjadey.blogspot.co.uk

• ourownwonderlandblog
      April 23, 2016 / 3:05 pm

Thank you so much lovely, things can only get better☺️ I love that quote, it’s definitely true! Thanks again xx