Hello my lovelies, so today is a special kind of post, the Leibster Award. I was nominated by two absolute diamonds Time With Yana and Kaitlin Louise, so thank you guys! As I was nominated for this post twice within the space of a couple of days I thought instead of disregarding one of them I’d mix the questions together and do half and half, I do hope you ladies don’t mind!
So the rules of the Leibster Award are:
Thank the blogger who nominated you
Answer 11 questions that have been sent to you
Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 1000 followers
Create another 11 questions yourself for your nominees to answer
Okay, now let’s get a move on shall we?
1. What are your top three beauty products at the moment?
It’s so hard to pick just three but lately the things I have been reaching for most are my Morphe palette in 35W, Maybeline 24hr Stay setting spray and MAC’s Honeylove lipstick.
2. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go/dream holiday destination?
Hmm there’s so many places I’d love to go but New York City (around Christmas time) and the Maldives are the winners for me.
3. Would you rather be able to understand what animals were saying or speak every possible human language?
This is such a tricky one because it would be so cool to be able to understand animals but I’d love to be able to speak to absolutely anyone and wherever I go be able to understand the conversation and communicate with people… I think I’d pick speaking every possible human language.
4. What’s your dream job?
My dream job has always been to be a barrister, law is most definitely passion in life but unfortunately a few things such as the little bitch that is anxiety stood in my way which meant I couldn’t go to university to get the qualifications needed.
5. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I’m never very good at answering these sorts of questions. In 10 years I’ll be the big 3 0 so I would hope that I’d be happy with my life, living in the countryside with my future husband and a little girl named Amelia, possibly another child, who knows? But if it’s not that and I’m happy with how my life has turned out at that point then hey I don’t mind.
6. Whats your pet peeve?
It infuriates me when people get ‘generally’ and ‘genuinely’ mixed up, I don’t understand how people manage this and want to throw a dictionary at people whenever they say/type it.
7. How long have you been blogging for?
Just over 2 weeks, I checked on my blog because I like to be precise and my first post was published 16 days ago.
8. We usually forget how important it is to praise ourselves, so what are the things you are proud of yourself?
I am proud of myself for getting out of bed every single day even though some days I’d just like to stay there and feel sorry for myself. I’m proud of myself for having the confidence to start this blog and for pushing myself to leave my old job to start where I am now, it wasn’t easy for me because of my anxiety and where I worked before was like a big ol’ comfort blanket.
10. If you could change anything about education system of the country where you live, what would you change?
I think the British education system is a fairly good one however I would like to add some important curriculum to the system such as mental health, proper sex ed and things like actual life skills eg taxes etc.
11. What is your favourite quote?
Well I couldn’t choose just one and this was actually in both sets of questions so I’m just going to give two okay? Okay good.
‘Ask most people what they want out of life and the answer is simple – to be happy. Maybe it’s this expectation though of wanting to be happy that just keeps us from ever getting there. Maybe the more we try to will ourselves to state’s of bliss, the more confused we get – to the point where we don’t recognize ourselves. Instead we just keep smiling – trying to be the happy people we wish we were. Until it eventually hits us, it’s been there all along. Not in our dreams or our hopes but in the known, the comfortable, the familiar.’
‘Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It’s not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.’
I really like long quotes, clearly…
So, I nominate:
My questions for you lovely ladies are:
1. What do you find most difficult about blogging?
2. If you could only ever watch one TV series what would it be?
3. What’s your biggest fear?
4. What’s your favourite post you’ve done?
5. What’s your biggest guilty pleasure?
6. Which beauty product do you reach for the most?
7. If you had 3 wishes then what would you wish for? (Unlimited wishes doesn’t count)
8. Show some self love and tell us all two things you love about yourself.
9. Where is your happy place?
10. If you could time travel would you rather go to the past or the future?
11. What’s your favourite quote?
Until next time, I’m back off down the rabbit hole.